Thursday, June 20, 2013

well it's been a while


Well this has been a long wait, hello to everyone again! A lot has happened since the last time I blogged and quite frankly... I had no idea how to start this one out because it has been so long. So here we go. It’s easier for me to start things out with a quote- so this week... 


That about sums everything up in a nutshell. Have a great weekend! 


Just kidding. So, we are in full gear for graduation. School parties are done, school is out, 8th graders are graduated, next step- high school graduation and done. my year term is up on the 24! Kids are heading home to spend time with their families for summer vacation- if they have family, i.e. aunts, uncles, grandma’s and pa’s, etc. As the kids trickle out, the home gets quieter and quieter, allowing me to sleep more, just kidding. haha. They are very excited to spend time with family and to be on their summer break. However, it is coming to an end- as the kids leave, the home changes, and just makes for a quieter, more calm ambiance. One of the things I love is all the background noise, it wouldn’t be the same if there weren’t kids screaming, fighting, or yelling across the home to get your attention. They are the essence of this place. It’s hard to see them go, because you never know the next time you will see them, but that’s all a part of this gig. You, as the volunteer, come and go. The kids stay, this is where they leave, this is their home. But as things come to an end, new beginnings start. Which brings me back to my quote, ‘I’m not sure what I’ll do, but - well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale.” 

What has happened in these last 2 months? Well, I was fortunate enough to go home for 2 weeks and see my sister graduate from Marquette! So fun to be with the family and be with Clare. I was also able to bring back a lot of dresses and suits for our kids graduating from High School. A big thank you to Libbie Robert’s and her family for their wonderful donations along with Laura McMullen for some beautiful dresses for the girls. The boys are pretty stoked about their sweet new ‘vacano’ suits and there were some girly screams from the girls and their dresses. Can you say fashion show? I will post pictures later this week once we get everything back from the tailor.  

 
Wisilina loving her new dress! 


It is hot hot hot here. Hurricane season has officially started. When it rains, it pours. However, I look forward to it because it is just SO hot and humid! 

Here are some pictures from the last couple of months. Enjoy!










special visitor... kaki 




Happy Baptism! 






No comments:

Post a Comment