Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day

Sorry I haven't written in a while- This past week was a tough one. A lot of heavy hearts in the NPH family, from saying goodbye to volunteers, to sickness  to death, it has just been tough, draining actually would be a more appropriate word. And although I believe in 'feeling it to be able to accept it' in order to move forward, I do also believe that there is a positive hidden somewhere when the going gets tough, but we have to be strong enough to see it. We have to use that little ounce of strength come together with friends, family, my two other triplets and the rest of the volunteer community to be able to cry, love, laugh, and get through it together. 


On Saturday, Kristen and I went to the beach to with our kids. Well, only 6 of mine went because the rest were being horrible, so it was really fun to spend time with them. More quality, individual time and fun to be with the boys. I was knocking them off boogey boards while they were floating, tickling their feet while they weren't looking and then they got scared, and then they would chase me- make a fin with their hands, and swim towards me, as a shark would. They kill me. Aside from my raging red skin (applied multiple times Mom) it was really fun, really nice to get things off my mind and to just be. 

Well to sum up the week, Madelon was doing some exercise to rebajar her cheecha (aka get rid of her fat), and fell. Yup- I fell. Just boom, done, over. Blood coming out of my leg like a waterfall, with my boys, Thank GOD Avriel was there, although her initial reaction was to laugh, she then ran from point A to B to help the cripple get back home. Rockstar. Since then, I have been walking like I should be using a wheelchair, according to my boys, because I may or may not have thrown my back out from the incident. The answer? May have. So, have to take a break from my daily running regime, taking a break when the pain is unbearable, and having good friends to listen to me whine and be pathetic until I am better. 


The picture shows Kristen's pure concern and Avriel laughing while cleaning the wound. Naturally. 


Note: I would have laughed at me too if I saw someone fell the way I did. No- I did laugh at Avriel when gravity sucked her to the ground like it didn't want her to be mobile whatsoever. An image I cannot depict, but one that makes me laugh every time I see it.


Life is tough. It's not meant to be easy. But the challenges we get through, only make us stronger in the end. This is how we grow, this is how we learn, and this is just part of life. Learning more and more that hard things aren't meant to break us, only meant to make us stronger. Especially working with boys. They just kill me. Make everything better, even when they make me SO mad, they can just surprise you and say the smallest things that will literally change everything. 

Prayers for Boston. 

Note2: I have started walking into my house saying, "BOYS" on a more frequent basis and the response is always, "WOMUM!" never gets old. 
Hearing them tell me to constantly "go shower!", as I only do once a day. When? When it's actually time to shower. 
Palming their little almost bald heads will never get old. Especially when you grab them because they aren't doing the dishes and say, "If you don't go and wash the dishes, I am going to take your head, put it in the toilet, and flush" Reaction? they laugh. 



So then how did I get through the week? I think the picture below sums it up. 

Will always put a smile on my face. Kaki is my main man. 


And then we have pictures like this during the work day. 


Hi. And this is how we make it through.




lil guy

1 comment:

  1. as always, thanks for sharing! hope your back and leg and pride are all healing :)
    PS: i'm glad to see after years of being there, Av is super tan and you are still red :)
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete