Monday, August 13, 2012

What a Week!

This past week has been filled to the max with energy, motivation, and determination. My high school was here visiting and we were on high speed the whole time. 20 students and 3 chaperones came to the home and were given the mission of painting the school. Not quite the smallest task, but, their hard work paid off and I am more than impressed with how far they got. They scraped for 2 days and painted for 2 and the work they did is beyond the words of not only myself but also fellow volunteers and employees at the home. I read this quote a while back and it more than applies to what the group accomplished,"Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't Strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt." I can assure you the group did just that. They worked hard, played harder, and made relationships with the kids here that touched each one of the students. Not only that, each kid received a Jack Jablonski bracelet, so it's cool to see the Jabby bracelets and t-shirts become a part of our community here in the DR. The kids know about the accident so it's cool to be sending our support from here to Minnesota.

Aside from that, I am finally starting to feel adjusted. Ready for this? Picture time!


Jimica, filled with smiles & sass. Beautiful girl!


Me & Yomelvin


Me and Marcos! We went into San Pedro as a treat for good behavior. 


Sup rainy season. Thanks for starting.


Kendy and I- Beautiful smiles. 

Lastly, this video is of Hannah and Kaki, one of our special needs children. Aside from one other, Kaki can put a smile on my face when the days here get tough. His smile, contagious laughter, and urge to just be with you is something I keep dear to my heart. It's all about the simple things here, they go a long way. 








No comments:

Post a Comment